Monday 9 January 2012

Rough Guide to the trips and volunteering I will strive to undertake in my life.... (starting with number 1 on the 2nd February 2012!)


Top 10 Travel Trips/Volunteer places to do in my life:
1.       Sri Lanka and SE Asia: Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. Volunteering in Sri Lanka and Cambodia will commence the 6th February with SL Volunteers and AboutAsiaSchools.
2.       India, I would like to volunteer for I-India in Jaipur and Somit Yoga's Education and Yoga Training in Varanasi. I would like to volunteer in India for 5-6 months then move on to see the sights, and stay in an Ashram. I would further like to explore the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Nepal (Volunteer in Kathmandu for 1-2 months), Bhutan, Bangladesh, the further 3 states of India, to the East of Bangladesh and also Burma.
3.      Tibet, South China, Hong Kong, Hainan Island, Taiwan, Japan, North and South Korea- Beijing-Mongolia and Trans Siberian rail to Moscow (see Russia and Kazakhstan.) I would like to work in Russia for a few months. 
4.       Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Brunei, Philippines (Volunteer for 3 months), Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Oz, Tasmania, Fiji, New Zealand.
5.       South America (I would like to voluteer in Peru with 'Traveler not Tourist', and at a school in Bolivia. Central America-West Indies (I would like to volunteer with wildlife in Costa Rica)-North America, Hawaii, Canada, and Alaska
6.       Continent of Africa- Volunteer with my TeachFirst organisation. 
7.       Middle East: Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Oman, (Far Eastern Europe: Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
8.       Eastern Europe (bottom-top): Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia (top-bottom) Poland, Slovakia, Hungry, Solvenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina. I would like to volunteer a substantial amount of time in Eastern Europe.
9.     Western Europe: Czech Republic, Austria, Italy, San Marino, Sicily, Corsica and Sardinia Islands, Greece, Crete, Switzerland, Lichtenstein (small country situated in the Alps), Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Monaco, Spain, Portugal
10.   Scandinavia: Finland, Sweden, Norway, Iceland and Greenland.

The only other possible area I have missed out is between the further eastern part of the Middle East, such as Iraq, which neighbors the area classed as Central Asia: the five republics of the former Soviet Union- Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran are also former areas of the soviet union included in this region of travel that I may leave until I am more worldly and a professional traveler! Although, I would love to volunteer in Afghanistan in the foreseeable future. 

AND really northern Russia- such as Vorkuta (scary!) etc, and Svalbard (part of Norway, separate Island, although I'm guessing it would be an amazing location for the Northern Lights!)

The most obscure place I would like to visit for travel is the British Territory smack bang in the South Pacific Ocean- known as the Pitcairn Island. There are roughly 48 inhabitants!

No comments:

Post a Comment